Photo

What happened to everyone? 3+ years later?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 stabmaster

stabmaster

The Chemist formerly known as Stabmaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 27 June 2017 - 11:36 AM

I used to frequent this forum if some of you may recognize the handle. I've hardly found time to dick around on forums since them. Just curious where everyone went. This used to be a very active forum. Just curious where everyone goes, and what everyone who was around a few years ago are doing these days.
I've always wanted to be somebody, but I should have been more specific.

I've always wanted to be a gynecologist, but I could never find an opening.

#2 dnoel

dnoel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 226 posts
  • Interests:Finding old friends who tolerated me here, and taught me things in my youth. Professionally: Computers. Software. Hardware. Security. Entrepreneurship. Work.

..been wondering the same. there seems to be such little activity here on the boards lately.

i somehow managed to graduate with a degree in comp sci and have been working for the past 3 or so years in software. recently transitioned into product management. I've been living in the sf bay area for the past 2 1/2 years and am loving it. weights are only a minor part of my life now, as i've found that in this area there are many, many, many other things one can do that are just as, if not even more enjoyable- rock climbing, hiking, kiteboarding, surfing, etc. ]

#3 Gdawg

Gdawg

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Mind & Muscle is the old avant essentially; you should head over there. This is the first time I've been on Avant in probably at least 5 months but wanted to look at some old threads.

www.mindandmuscle.net/forum

#4 stabmaster

stabmaster

The Chemist formerly known as Stabmaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 360 posts

QUOTE(Gdawg @ Jun 8 2008, 07:25 PM) View Post
Mind & Muscle is the old avant essentially; you should head over there. This is the first time I've been on Avant in probably at least 5 months but wanted to look at some old threads.

www.mindandmuscle.net/forum

Thanks. I've been wanting to get back into it. I've been teaching chemistry at Humboldt State University full time and I'm also the COO (operations) of a solar thermal manufacturing facility. I am busy all the flippin time, but I still want to get to the gym more often now that the semester is over. I kindof want to re-learn what I once knew besides "do deads squats and dips and STFU" which is pretty much what the last few years looks like.

Anyways since i'm probably writing into thin air i'm outta here. See ya at mindandmuscle wink.gif
I've always wanted to be somebody, but I should have been more specific.

I've always wanted to be a gynecologist, but I could never find an opening.

#5 SJA

SJA

Expert Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 970 posts

Still lurking here myself......M&M is good for old bastards........but other forums cropped up since the hay-day of Avant and people dilluted. But we still come back to the old tried and true form time to time.....this is the beginning for me.....started here so I will always come back wink.gif

#6 Enfinity

Enfinity

Enfinity

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • Interests:Business, Fitness, Athletics, and Anything Exotic

First time back on the board in ages... Why so few Avant products now?

QUOTE(SJA @ Jul 21 2008, 07:40 AM) View Post
Still lurking here myself......M&M is good for old bastards........but other forums cropped up since the hay-day of Avant and people dilluted. But we still come back to the old tried and true form time to time.....this is the beginning for me.....started here so I will always come back wink.gif

#7 Par Deus

Par Deus

Supplement God

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,301 posts

Posted 27 June 2017 - 11:37 AM

Test of Copying a thread from the Archives and making active...

Posted Image

I exist to do 3 things.
Drink beer, kick ass, and take names.
And, I'm to drunk to spel.

www.avantlabs.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users