37 replies to this topic

#31 liorrh

liorrh

expert brobot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,805 posts

Posted 28 February 2006 - 03:23 PM

people. just read the absolved writeup and all questions shall be answered.
IPB Image
This is a warning. I am not a Medical Doctor. This means you can't turn your brain off when taking advice from me, and can't sue me

#32 galileo

galileo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 06 January 2007 - 02:58 PM

I'm having trouble finding the old Ab-Solved write-up. Assistance?

Also, I read somewhere about 7-keto-DHEA and gyno. Does anyone know if this is an effect? That's one area in which I do not care to gamble.

#33 Par Deus

Par Deus

Supplement God

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,297 posts

Posted 22 January 2007 - 11:03 AM

QUOTE(galileo @ Jan 6 2007, 11:58 AM) View Post

I'm having trouble finding the old Ab-Solved write-up. Assistance?

http://www.mindandmu...mp;artID=999170

Posted Image

I exist to do 3 things.
Drink beer, kick ass, and take names.
And, I'm to drunk to spel.

www.avantlabs.com

#34 Kellyb

Kellyb

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 373 posts

Posted 22 January 2007 - 12:22 PM

7-keto/OH does not lower cortisol levels enough to have this be an issue. it only lowers it maybe 7% in some people

That is surprising. huh.gif Maybe the lethargy and joint pain come about through another mechanism. I am at least as bad as Eclypz when it comes to getting low cortisol type effects. I coud sleep 18 hours a day on a squirt of FL-7
Just because you don't know what the hell someone is talking about doesn't mean that they do! Albert Einstein said "Make everything as simple as need be." In other words, if you can't explain your complex theories to an 8th grade class don't be surprised when nobody understands what you're talking about.

Son, You Just Gotta Run Where They Ain't - Vince Lombardi
Higher-Faster-Sports.com

#35 Par Deus

Par Deus

Supplement God

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,297 posts

Posted 24 January 2007 - 03:06 PM

As the article points out, systemic cortisol levels mean fuck all.

Posted Image

I exist to do 3 things.
Drink beer, kick ass, and take names.
And, I'm to drunk to spel.

www.avantlabs.com

#36 Richie

Richie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 08 February 2008 - 03:21 PM

QUOTE(trouble @ Feb 27 2006, 09:55 AM) View Post
Huh?

7-keto has been shown to have a positive effect on insulin sensitivity.

Decreasing your insulin spiking by reducing carb loading (especially high and moderate GI carbs) will also aide in insulin regulation correction and altered adipose activity. Since 7-keto DHEA directly opposes cortisol precursor production in adrenals, it has a muscle sparing action, as does improved energy metabolism via insulin management - shown to shift energy source from muscle catabolism towards glucose and fatty acid oxidation.

Hi Guy's

Dragging this thread up from a search on 7-oxo dhea which i'm just waiting for delivery.

I'm just a little confused by this post. Sorry if this a stupid question but i read it and read it. Also having a "dumb day" today wacko.gif so that won't be helping trying to figure this out!!!

If i'm altering my diet to work well with 7-oxo supplementation then what WOULD the pro/cho/fat ratio be to get the full benefit?

Thanks

#37 Richie

Richie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 08 February 2008 - 05:14 PM

QUOTE(Kellyb @ Jan 22 2007, 09:22 AM) View Post
That is surprising. huh.gif Maybe the lethargy and joint pain come about through another mechanism. I am at least as bad as Eclypz when it comes to getting low cortisol type effects. I coud sleep 18 hours a day on a squirt of FL-7

My dumb day is continuing!!! I'm on my 4th day of Horny Goat Weed, which reduces Cortisol levels, and just figured out why my joints are aching.

This morning i hurt my wrist picking up a full kettle to pour into my coffee!!!! dry.gif

#38 guy1985

guy1985

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 06 December 2008 - 05:44 AM

Anyone update on this thread? I am interested to know about 7-Keto

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users